A snippet about me...

My photo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
I love to laugh, constantly change my mind and enjoy discovering new things and meeting new people. Scrabble, red wine, cups of tea, sarcasm, music and general witty banter make up my life on a general day-to-day basis.

Saturday 1 January 2011

A January 1st tradition....

New Year's Day. A day where we sit holding our heads grimacing and promising 'I'm never going to drink again. Ever'. A day where we plan to join a  gym, where our memberships become obsolete after three weeks, no matter how much we promise to attend three times a week. A day where we think to start that 'healthy eating plan' that lasts until the habitual Friday night take away. A day where we promise we'll be motivated and successful and make the most out of life...and are discovered wasting valuable time watching day time television when the initial idea wears off...

This year, however, I've decided to become proactive. And actually stick to something I've come up with on January 1st - The day of promises.

And lo and behold, a blog is born.

And so, dear readers, if you are out there, my New Year's resolution is to write a blog. As many of my friends will tell you, I am a bit of a socialite. However, I aim to swap my glass of red for a pen (as much as this pains me) and bring to you a blog containing my general witticisms(!), personal opinions and reviews of the various events and goings on in Newcastle that I have happened to stumble upon.

Here's hoping that I deliver the former...!

No comments:

Post a Comment