A snippet about me...

My photo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
I love to laugh, constantly change my mind and enjoy discovering new things and meeting new people. Scrabble, red wine, cups of tea, sarcasm, music and general witty banter make up my life on a general day-to-day basis.

Monday 24 January 2011

Getting in touch with my cultured side...

My gay best friend (or #1 Gay as he likes to refer to himself as) suggested that in light of our resolution to find new and 'interesting hobbies' that we should visit the Laing Art Gallery and the Baltic. I fully enjoyed a) the enthusiasm that came with this idea (I also assured him I'd be there with bells on) and b) the giggles we received from those who feel that our attempt to be cultured would be wasted and we'd end up in the pub instead...

We stuck to  it, and shocked ourselves by 'learning'! I forgot how much I enjoyed contemporary art, and we had a lovely afternoon wandering around the art galleries this afternoon. Not only did we fill up a considerable amount of time for free, we left feeling slightly more cultured and educated than before...which is definitely a new feeling for us to experience when we're together, considering it was possibly the longest time we've spent in each other's company without alcohol-induced memory loss.

Of course, to celebrate, we had to  have a pint in a good ol' British pub. But it was only one, not our usual 100, and to think that we'd have a full day trip out without an alcoholic beverage was a tad optimistic ;-).

Some photographic evidence, just for those who don't believe it to be possible...!




To top off my cultured day, I am currently sitting with a glass of red, alongside my flat mate and a friend of mine who is so Harry Potter obsessed, she has just informed me she now owns Harry Potter Cluedo. We are settling ourselves down for an evening of home-made curry and interesting films. Who says you need money to be cultured and poised?! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment