A snippet about me...

My photo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
I love to laugh, constantly change my mind and enjoy discovering new things and meeting new people. Scrabble, red wine, cups of tea, sarcasm, music and general witty banter make up my life on a general day-to-day basis.

Saturday 12 February 2011

Just a quick one..

When it's your day off, you feel you need to spend it productively, get off your backside and actually DO something. However, lack of money usually comes into the equation.

If you're feeling brave, I would fully recommend taking a stroll (well, this is how it was sold to me - it was more on par with a hike!) along the beach at South shields and visit Marsden Grotto. Yes, it's a pub, but there's a cultural element, honest. It's Europe's only cave pub, so technically, TECHNICALLY, it counts as a tourist attraction ;-)

Saying that, it is a 45 minute walk (or longer, if you and your #1 Gay waste time impersonating Baywatch running on the beach) along the coast. Possibly not our brightest idea on a murky day in February when it's blowing a gale, but it was fun, cheap and rather refreshing. Plus, you can milk the 'exercise' side of things, so really, it's good for your health...and the pint at the end is well deserved!





No comments:

Post a Comment